Thursday, September 22, 2005

An outing to remember for a while...

...because it's the last outing till the As, since my parents made sure of that, as I came back at almost 2 hours after the set curfew.

LoL.

Not that I'm thinking of going out anymore either. Final stretch, the last 500m, final lap, 1st and goal.

Whatever you want to name the A levels.

Still, it's an outing with Fengzhi which I enjoyed. Totally.

I went to Marina Square at around 12, although I left my house at 11:15, to get the tickets at the Cinema. I knew I was cutting it rather close, and I'm usually not the type to be late, as I hate to make people wait.

Thankfully, Fengzhi was late, as I merely got to the City Hall MRT station at around 12:26 (4 minutes to spare. Do the math.)

And so, as I was still rather early, as Fengzhi got held up, I decided to observe the crowd at the MRT station.

Most of the tourists did not know how to use the Tapz card system, as they tried to slot the card into some sort of imaginary hole which exists only for them. Only when the staff told them how to do it, did they get through the gate. Also, if you thought that the signs directing people to the train tracks were dummy proof, think again. I saw at least 2 person asking for direction. Thankfully, the train master did not give the "You are STUPID" look, and simply directed them. I guess they are used to such Idiocy.

At around 12:50, Fengzhi arrived, and we headed to the noodle bar at City Link Mall. I have to say that it's my first time eating there. Tried the Salmon Udon, not too bad, although it isn't the best I've tried. Still, the atmosphere made up for it.

After lunch was messing around till 3:30, as the movie only starts at the stated time. Marina Square has been newly renovated, and there are quite a lot of interesting shops there. I'm really not the one to talk, as the last time I've been to Marina Square was on 2001 or something, but I did enjoy the new area quite a bit.

And so, after talking, walking (Candy Empire > j00), time brought us towards watching Cinderella man. Rotten Tomatoes.com gave it a 80% rating, rather high, compared to some of those being shown right now. After watching the movie, I have to agree with the review.

One would be fooled by the movie title to think that this is some fairy tale prince getting his girl, blah blah blah. However, within the first 3 minutes of the show (minus the Advertisments), a boxing match will set the tone of the movie almost immediately. The whole show was about this boxer, how he fell, and how he rose once again, hence his nick name "Cinderella Man", as it was almost like a fairy Tale. The great thing about this show is that it moved slowly, developing every aspect neatly, and closely, while not spending time in a way which dwelled in a place for too long. Each boxing match was very well done, as Russell Crowe, the main actor, showed true pain when hit, and true determination in his eyes when he needed to win. The actors have all acted rather well, with Russell Crowe (No need to introduce this fella..) and Renée Zellweger (Chicago) working well as a couple together.

All in all, an excellent movie. 9.0/10 from the bird, as there was no gun fights, or it would have obtained 9.5, or possibily a 10.

LoL. I'll never make a good reviewer.

Anyway, the movie too longer than usual (my bad, should have checked the sites), and we had to rush a little bit to the Magical Fountain in Sentosa because, according to the site, "Please be seated before 7.00pm for the 7.40pm show. For the safety and comfort of our guests the gates to the show will be closed at 7.00pm or once we have reached full capacity.". So, in order not to avoid disappointment, we took the MRT to Habourfront, before taking a cable car over to the area, and finally a bus to the area.

To my surprise (at least), the gates were not closed on us (7:20pm, sounds like something out of the Amazing Race. LoL), but the entire center portion was more or less fully filled with Tourists, mostly from China, by the looks of it. The show itself was rather spectacular, as they used the water sprayed from the fountain as a screen for the laser display, while tossing in some jets of flames produced from a flame-thrower like device that are found on various areas of the stage. Rather cool, but the heat wave produced, and the lasers shining right into your eyes are not nice feelings, and are the only drawbacks to the otherwise storyless show.

Still, it's nice.

After that was dinner, before heading back home, even though I was already late before dinner. \o/. Oh well, since it's the last time, I didn't give much of a damn, and besides, I was enjoying myself.

Can't wait for Uni...

But in any case, thanks to Fengzhi for a really enjoyable day (which would be otherwise me sitting in front of the comp for 18 hours playing Guild Wars or something)! I enjoyed it a lot, and hope that you did too!

Hopefully, after the As, I can stay out longer. LoL.

\o/

EDIT: I forgot to add: At the last part, Fengzhi lost something once again! This time, it's her Ez-Link card. She somehow dropped it or something in Cheers!. Thankfully, the cashier kept it, but could not recognise the face that was on the Ez-Link card. XD!
--

Song of (whatever) changed to Honoo no Tobira, which is Gundam Seed Destiny's Insert Song, by FictionJunction YUUKA. A pretty decent one, which grows on you quickly. Seems like the producers are trying to make up for the mess they did for the 4th OP by tossing in 1 more insert song (Vestige was the other one)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home